Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This is going to be A CRAZY DAY!

We were up all night with Tate. He has the nasty croup. It got so bad that he was having a hard time breathing in. We got him drugged enough to calm the cough and get him to sleep. He's still laying in bed hacking up a lung. Between Tate and Lula I don't think I slept more than a few hours last night. When my alarm went off this morning I barley opened my eyes. Somewhere in my semi-conscious state I registered that Alan was still in bed. He rolled out and I think I lost consciousness again. A little while later I could hear the kids getting ready for school. I heard Alan on the phone with work, brace yourself...he was calling in sick! If you know Alan you know this does not happen. He has called in sick twice in 10 years. When I realized what he was doing I lost consciousness again. I woke up at 8:30 and realized I needed to make Tate a doctors appointment before they're all taken. When I pulled out my planner I realized that Tanner had a dentists appointment in a half an hour, YIKES. Alan jumped up and ran to the school to pick him up. They're now in the throws of hundreds of dollars in dental work. Meanwhile I've got the phone on my ear, on hold for 20 minutes, Lula's screaming so I'm sticking a boob in her mouth. Of course this is the perfect time for Tate to wake up. He comes hacking into my room with his diaper around his ankles. He looks at me all sad and sick and I can't move because I have the baby on me and the phone to my ear. I finally convinced him to go lay back in bed naked until I could help him. So now I've got Tate banned to his bed and I'll soon have Tanner coming home with a sore, numb mouth. I can't tell you how incredibly grateful I am that Alan took a sick day. It's nothing short of a miracle!

My whole purpose in posting today was to show you all a picture. It has nothing to do with the post I ended up writing but I still want to share it with you. Taylor has been a serious trooper during the last year of insanity. When I got sick in the first trimester of pregnancy I had her take over dishes duty. She's been doing them ever since and it's taken a huge burden off my back. I'm so grateful for this amazing little 10 year old. I couldn't function without her. She does a lot more than just dishes, she's my right hand man. Here's a picture of her doing her daily dishes. I bought her these gloves because she is really grossed out with the whole experience. She uses them religiously.


The Mendenhall's said...

Wow. Sounds like a crazy day, or should I say, just another day in Paradise! Taylor seems amazing. Tommy can be a big help too, but he is only 6, it is amazing how much they can help out.

Natalie and Eric said...

That is so funny. What a day. I'm glad that you survived it for the most part. See you again soon

KatSpy said...

That hit a little too close to home. Hang in there. In three years, this past life will be a blur. You'll be trying to figure out how to take a child to music lessons while you're chaperoning a school dance, and what to do with the other two. Oh! And AMEN to good men!