Sunday, April 19, 2009

THE CAKE!!!

Lula's party was awesome yesterday. I've got so many pictures that I'll break it up into a few posts. We may as well start with the coolest, sweetest, awesomest part...the cake. Natalie did not disappoint with her mad baking skills. This is the cutest cake I have ever seen. The cake was a three day process. First she made the cakes, one layer was from scratch and another was a box cake. I don't know how she does it but she makes a box cake taste like heaven. She says she undercooks it so I'm going to have to give it a try. Friday she came over with all her gear, she has a tool box full of cake making secret weapons. She assembled the cake, frosted it, dyed the fondant, rolled it out, covered the cake, etc. I'm over simplifying a difficult task, but you get the idea. I rolled all the little fondant balls and cut out the polka dots. Once the cake was assembled I put the polka dots on while Natalie made Lula her very own mini cake. The topper is just 17 gage wire that I shaped, then hung little crystals from Taylor bedroom chandelier. Pretty sweet!!










7 comments:

Gillian said...

That is the cutest cake ever! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry we counldn't be there. Sounds like it was fun and beautiful cake.

Tasha Horsley said...

darling and amazing!

Georgia said...

that's sooo beautiful!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

KatSpy said...

HOLY COW! Karina, YOu just continue to give 120%. What great memories you are making for your children. And they are all documented in BEAUTIFUL photos. Way to go!

J & E Hoffmann said...

That Cake is AWESOME!!! Where was Natalie when I was getting married???

Jennifer said...

That's AWESOME!