Friday, April 17, 2009

HOUSE UPDATE!

Ok guys, I know some of you have even less patience than I do so it's time for an update! My realtor just called and...are you ready? The bank has counter offered us!!! It's not a terrible counter offer either. They raised the price about 20,000 so we're counter offering 5,000 less and we still want them to pay closing. So we'll see what happens. But the good new is that the house is ours, it's all just down to the nitty gritty now.
The catch...yes there's a catch. Our renters in Georgia didn't pay rent this month and I'm possibly going to have to evict them. We don't have the money to pay two mortgages so we could be looking at some crap hitting the fan in Georgia. We're going to have to figure out a way to scrape together the money to pay the Georgia mortgage until we close on the house here or we're in really deep doodoo and we won't be able to get the house here. Say a prayer and wish us luck, we need it!

Thanks for all the love and support! It really touches me how much people care about our happiness and well being.

6 comments:

Gillian said...

Great news about the house ~ did I tell you I think I know that house? It's perfect for you guys so I hope everything works out. As for the house in GA, do you have someone out there managing the property or is it all long distance?

Karina Rigtrup said...

Brenda,
How do you know the house? It's around near 274th in Graham, is it the same one your thinking? We'll be in the Rainer Ward.
We're pretty much on our own in Georgia. We have a realtor that helps us out but she's not managing the property.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, we'll pray for you. We know how bad you want it. Lots of Love

Gillian said...

It looks like a house that belonged to a family that use to be in the Sunrise ward. It was way out in Graham, off this gravel road. The outside looks exactly the same but I only stepped inside the entry way once. The ward split and they became part of the Graham ward, so maybe it's not the same...who knows? Do you know who owned it before the bank?

Natalie said...

It will all work out the way it is suppose to! I'll keep you in my prayers! Let me know what I can help with.

The Mendenhall's said...

Karina

I am dying to talk to you about all of this. Eric and I are about to put an offer on a short sale in Bonney Lake. I would love to get your advice on it all, and find out all you learned from this experience. I will try to find a way to get your number.